The Broad is a contemporary art museum in downtown Los Angeles.
The museum Opened in Downtown LA in 2015, The Broad contains some 2,000 pieces of contemporary art.
So, Including Jeff Koons’ Balloon Dog and selfie-favourite the Infinity Mirrored Room by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama.
Guests must reserve tickets online and should book an additional ticket for the Infinity Mirrored Room in order to see it.
Food and cocktails are available at the adjacent modern American restaurant, Otium.
who also funded the Broad Contemporary building at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).
As well as, The distinctive white honeycomb-covered building is located just south of the Walt Disney Concert Hall across Grand Avenue from it is Contemporary Art.
The addition of The Broad to the Museum of Contemporary
- Art’s two downtown campuses
- Gallery Row and the Downtown L.A. Arts District
- makes the area world-class destination for contemporary art
- from fine art to street art
The Building :
The three-story building, designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, is a “veil-and-vault”
Concept where the museum’s “vault” is both
- the exhibit area
- the museum archive
on view through special windows in concrete alcoves on the stairway.
As well as, The “veil” is the lacy, honeycombed covering of the building, which allows natural light to come through.
A green plaza
- the south side of the it connects Hope Street
- Grand Avenue
- Eventually, provides an outdoor program space for its green space for the neighbourhood.