The largest solar power plant in the world start commercial operation. Emirates Water & Electricity Company (EWEC), the UAE’s leading provider of water and electricity planning, procurement and supply.
It announced the commercial launch of Noor Abu Dhabi – the world’s largest independent solar power plant with a production capacity of 1,177 MW.
According to WAM:
The project allows Abu Dhabi to
- Increase its production of renewable energy
- Reduce the use of natural gas in electricity generation
Which helps to make energy more
- sustainable and
- efficient and
- reduces carbon emissions of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi by one million metric tons per year.
Which is equivalent to Remove 200 thousand cars from the streets of the Emirate.
The AED 3.2 billion Noor Abu Dhabi plant, located in Swaihan, Abu Dhabi, is a joint venture between the Government of Abu Dhabi and a consortium of Japan’s Marubeni and China’s Jinko Solar Holding.
With a capacity to cover 90,000 people, the plant has over 3.2 million solar panels installed over an area of 8 square kilometers. Beyond the size of the site, Noor Abu Dhabi has set a new record when bidding. The competitive worldwide value of 8,888 fils per kWh.
In order to achieve full commercial operation on time, over 2,900 people employed at the site during the peak of construction.
Abu Dhabi… The largest solar power plant in the world
Mohammed Hassan Al Suwandi, said:
Chairman of Emirates Water and Electricity Company.
The completion of this project marks a milestone in the UAE Energy Strategy 2050. Also,It launched in 2017 with the aim of raising the share of clean energy to the total energy mix to 50 percent.
As well as, The plant will reduce the carbon footprint of power generation by 70 percent. In addition to, In line with the strategy of the transformation of the sector by providing alternative energy sources.
- That can help us to promote the sustainability of the water and electricity sectors.
Othman Juma Al Ali, said:
Chief Executive Officer of Emirates Water and Electricity Company.
- So, The renewable energy generated by Noor Abu Dhabi is improving the use of our natural resources.
- As well as, The successful completion of this huge project on time.
- Finally, On budget reflects our commitment to ensuring sustainable energy for the future.
Eventually, That success is a tangible demonstration of Abu Dhabi’s potential to implement world-class energy projects.
Noor Abu Dhabi will contribute to the renewable energy sector by
- Increasing Abu Dhabi’s existing solar power generation capacity from 110 MW to 1,287 MW
- In addition to the ability to continuously increase in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. And the UAE.