The United States retained the women’s World Cup after beating the Netherlands 2-0 in the final in France, title for the fourth time.
With the win
The United States is in control of women’s football in the world.
- winning two consecutive titles
- a new world record of winning the World Cup four times in 1991, 1999 and 2015 out of eight women’s tournaments.
United States striker Megan Rabino
- scored from a penalty in the 61st minute
- set up a second goal for Rose Lafel in the 69th minute
Under the leadership of coach Gilles Ellis
- American women dominated the match against the Netherlands’ ambitious women to win their first world title
From their first final in their second World Cup, especially after the strong performance of the tournament.
The United States succeeded in eliminating all the strong European teams in the tournament and defeated Spain and France, the owner of the land, and England, one goal two goals against a goal.
The total goals throughout the tournament 20 goals
The American women had a record of winning the women of Thailand 13 goals for nothing.