Republican Senator Lindsey Graham called on the US administration to put the option of targeting Iran’s oil facilities on the table.
- Such an attack would “break the back of the regime” in Tehran.
This came in a Senator tweet posted on the “Twitter” in response to the attacks on two oil facilities belonging to the company “Saudi Aramco” on Saturday morning.
Graham wrote on his Twitter account:
“Now is the time for the United States to put on the table an attack on Iranian oil refineries if the latter continues to provoke it or increase uranium enrichment.”
Targeting Iran’s oil facilities will break the back of its regime
According to the US senator, Iran “will not stop its bad behavior until the consequences become more realistic. Such as attacking its refineries, which will break the back of the regime.”
It is now time for the U.S. to put on the table an attack on Iranian oil refineries if they continue their provocations or increase nuclear enrichment.
— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) September 14, 2019
Description of the Iranian attacks
Graham described the attacks by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels
- On Saudi oil refineries as “another example of how Iran is spreading chaos in the Middle East.
- The Iranian regime is not interested in peace, but seeks nuclear weapons and regional hegemony.
Earlier, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Tehran for targeting Aramco’s facilities in what he called
- An unprecedented attack against global energy supplies.
- There is no evidence that the attacks came from Yemen.