The United Arab Emirates and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) launched the Global Tolerance Leadership Program to coincide with World Tolerance Day.
UAE and UNESCO
The launch Global Tolerance Leadership Program
This came during a press conference held at UNESCO headquarters with the participation of
- HE Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi, Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development.
- Nada Al Nashif, Assistant Director-General of the Social and Human Sciences Sector.
What are the aims of the program?
The program aims to
- A qualitative step in UNESCO’s endeavours to build just and safe societies through the active participation of young people.
- As well as, Engage the world with the UAE model in building societies of tolerance.
Through the qualification of cadres from various countries focused on:
- Promoting a culture of tolerance in society.
- As well as, Encourages individuals to adopt positive values associated with coexistence and also civilization dialogue.
UAE’s high humanitarian goal
The UAE’s partnership with UNESCO will benefit from
- The experience of the UNESCO Program against Racism and Discrimination.
In order to build a global program to reach a larger segment of the world community to inform them about the UAE experience. So, the UAE is working to achieve this in partnership with all countries and organizations seeking to build stable, cohesive and prosperous societies.
The program reflects the UAE’s drive to promote:
Which based on
- Fostering coexistence.
- Empowering the concept of a tolerant society.
The program contributes to:
- Firstly, Enhancing the skills of a number of personalities and individuals around the world to embrace the language of dialogue.
- Secondly, Conflict resolution.
- Finally, the leadership of change.
Eventually, the values of tolerance and coexistence are an inherent culture in the UAE society. Which laid the foundations of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, may God rest his soul. So, this requires promoting tolerance for the benefit of the present and future generations.