The UAE is intensifying its development and humanitarian efforts worldwide. As, It confirmed by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler’s Representative in Al Dhafra Region, and also, the President of the UAE Red Crescent.
The UAE is intensifying its humanitarian efforts globally
Noble humanitarian initiatives:
Firstly, Humanitarian initiatives have contributed to alleviating the suffering of millions of people worldwide and restoring their dignity.
Under the auspices of:
- His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Directives of Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
- His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Finally, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
His Highness Sheikh Hamdan made the remarks during the meeting.
In the presence
- Dr Hamdan Musallam Al Mazrouei, Chairman
- Dr Mohammed Ateeq Al-Falahi, Secretary-General of the Center
- Finally, Board of Directors and Deputy Secretaries-General
About what was the meeting?
During the meeting:
The Board reviewed several reports presented by Dr. Al-Falahi on the expansion of the local work of the Center.
- By establishing new offices and centers throughout the country.
As well as, The Water Aid project is being implemented by ERC on the Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed International Road in Al Dhafra.
- Which cost AED 3.35 million.
Overseas ERC initiatives
Mass weddings in Yemen held by the direction of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, in order to promote the country’s social fabric in 2019.
The Board briefed on the results of mass weddings in Yemen.
- So, Eleven collective wedding ceremonies held in eight Yemeni governorates.
- As, It benefited 2,200 young men and women at a cost of AED 5.5 million.
Social activities organized by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society
- The Board briefed on the social activities organized by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society in Hadhramout.
- Also, Drilling 10 water wells in Sudan at a cost of 1.2 million dirhams benefiting up to 10,000 people.
Service projects in many countries
In addition to, it includes the creation of social councils (councils), which expected to launch in mid-October, at a cost of AED 1.9 million.
Also, these included 2,000 eye surgeries and the provision of 3,000 glasses for children at a cost of 4 million dirhams benefiting 5,000.
As well as, Drinking water assistance projects have been established in Niger at a cost of 4 million dirhams, including
- The drilling of seven wells
- The preservation of 10 old wells
Eventually, The meeting reviewed recently completed projects in the Philippines, including
- Water projects
- Other services at a cost of AED 5,442,000