The UAE participates in an effective leadership role in the ongoing international dialogues on the global transformation in the renewable energy sector. within the framework of the activities of the tenth session of the General Assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
The UAE is leading the global transformation in the renewable energy sector
Where will the tenth session of the General Assembly of the (IRENA) be held?
It will be held in Abu Dhabi between January 10 and 12, at the start of the third annual session Ten for Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
Who is the head of the General Assembly of “IRENA”?
- His Excellency Dr Thani bin Ahmed Al-Zyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment.
The Tenth session of the “Generalization” of “IRENA”
- It includes a set of sessions and ministerial round table meetings.
- As well as panel discussions dealing with the latest developments.
Developments in the sector of:
- Policy development
- Green financing
What is the of the tenth session of the “Generalization” of “IRENA” aim?
The aim of strengthening the ongoing global dialogue on how to move and take practical steps towards a mix A variety of
- Energy sources
- Tackling climate change
- Reducing carbon emissions
What are the General Assembly discussions focus on?
Over two days, the General Assembly discussions focus on:
- Firstly, Youth participation
- Secondly, Gender equality
- Thirdly, The formulation of the IRENA agenda
- Finally, Priorities for the coming year
Why did the UAE invite representatives of “IRENA”?
Prior to the General Assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency this year. The United Arab Emirates invited representatives of “IRENA” and delegates of its member states, and all groups of society to exchange their
Towards a future promoted by the confiscation of clean and renewable energy.
Which ministry will supervise the Mission to IRENA?
Through their participation in the #Bader step by step through influential communication platforms Social Council. Which supervised by the State Mission to IRENA, under the umbrella of
- The Ministry of Climate Change and Environment in the Emirates.
How many high-level representatives will participate in the event?
According to the tenth agenda of the General Assembly:
- High-level representatives from 160 of the Agency’s member states will participate in the event.
- In addition to representatives of private sector companies, international and regional institutions and NGOs.
What is the General Assembly of “IRENA” witnessing for?
- The General Assembly of “IRENA” high-level representatives from 160 of the Agency’s member states will participate in the event.
- Which celebrates a decade of work and accomplishment to spread renewable energy solutions in the world
- It is witnessing the announcement of the winning projects in the seventh financing cycle of the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development.
- Which the UAE will complete by fulfilling its pledge of $ 350 million.
- As, a contribution from it in the renewable energy projects that recommended By the agency.
The first historical session of the General Assembly of the “IRENA”
- It is reported that in April 2011, during the first historical session of the General Assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency.
- As well as, It officially announced that the United Arab Emirates would be named as the permanent seat of the agency.
- Eventually, It is the intergovernmental organization concerned with promoting the adoption of renewable energy in all parts of the world.
From the UAE, the permanent headquarters of IRENA, a global movement launched to:
- Promote the deployment of renewable energy solutions
- In order to, Shape the future of this sector
- As the country is now one of the pioneers in this sector, with international investments amounting to more than 12 billion dollars
- Eventually, Representing 49 renewable energy projects, with a total production capacity of 4 gigawatts.
What are the UAE strategies to support of the transformation in the energy sector?
The UAE also adopted a set of policies and strategies in support of the transformation in the energy sector and the application of the green economy system.
In line with the Emirates Energy Strategy 2050 aimed at:
- Firstly, Achieving a balance between energy production and consumption and diversification of the energy mix in the country.
- In order to reach the goal of 50% of clean energy by the year 2050.
- Finally, At the global level, Masdar has implemented, in cooperation with its strategic partners, several important renewable energy projects.