Five victims were dead besides police officers injured during an exchange of fire with a man being fired from his job.
A manufacturing firm witnessed the shooting act at Aurora, a suburb about 40 miles west of Chicago.
“The suspect was being sacked where he attended a meeting after he had armed himself with a Smith & Wesson handgun”, according to Kristen Ziman, Aurora police chief.
Police revealed the names of victims;
- Vicente Juarez from Oswego, Illinois
- Josh Pinkard, the plant manager from Oswego
- Russell Beyer from Yorkville, Illinois
- Trevor Wehner, human resources intern on his first day at Henry Pratt a 21-year-old student at Northern Illinois University
- Clayton Parks, the human resources manager of Elgin, Illinois
The suspect is called Gary Martin, a 15-year was stressed out at being made redundant by Henry Pratt company that makes valves for large water pipes.
Martin usually smokes cigarettes with a happy face while engaging customer appeared fine on the day of shooting.
Police received reports of an “active shooter” takes place at 13:24 local time (19:24 GMT) in an industrial park in Aurora on Friday.
“One of the guys was up in the office & he said this person was shooting, & he come running down & he was bleeding pretty bad. I heard more shots, and we just left the building”, Mr Probst works at Henry Pratt told broadcaster ABC7.
President Donald offers his condolences in a tweeted message to the victims;