In a new statement to her, Queen Elizabeth II said that she agreed with the decision of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and support their desire for a more independent life and that would make them move part-time to Canada.
How did Queen Elizabeth comment on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision?
Queen Elizabeth’s statement:
- Today my family had constructive discussions about the future of my grandson and his family.
- It has been agreed that there will be a transitional period in which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend time in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- As well as, These are complex issues that my family must solve.
- There is more work to be done.
- But I asked for final decisions to be made in the coming days.
In the statement issued by the palace quoting the queen, the latter said:
- Although we would prefer to remain, full-time members of the royal family.
- In addition, we respect and understand their desire to live more independently as a family
- While remaining an important part of my family.
The British Prince, Harry, grandson of Queen Elizabeth, announced that:
- He and his American wife, Meghan Markle, were planning to give up their duties.
- As prominent members of Britain’s royal family and work for financial independence.
Harry and Meghan said in a statement they shared on Instagram
- We currently intend to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America.
- As we continue to fulfil our duty to the Kingdom and the Commonwealth of Nations