Mike Pompeo, the US Secretary of State, said that there are 400 billion dollars to be spent by NATO to protect promote freedoms around the world.
He said during a press conference
- “We call on our partners to promote these goals that we seek to achieve.”
NATO to protect and promote freedoms all over the world
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stressed that:
- The importance of President Donald Trump’s appeal to NATO for NATO to be more involved in the Middle East region.
- During a phone call by the US Secretary of State to NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg.
The American (Al-Hurra) channel reported on Friday
The two sides agreed that:
- NATO is able to contribute more to the security of the region and to fight international terrorism.
Combating international terrorism
- The two sides denounced the instability caused by Iranian violence in the region.
- As well as, affirmed their commitment to combating international terrorism.
- Including NATO‘s participation in the international coalition against ISIS.
- Finally, Training missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
US President Donald Trump expressed support for the idea of
- Expanding the North Atlantic Treaty Organization to include countries in the Middle East.
- As his country seeks to limit its military deployment globally.
Trump told reporters at the White House.
- “I think that we should expand NATO and we should definitely join the Middle East.”
- Increasing NATO’s participation in the Middle East.
- When he touched on the Iranian strikes on American soldiers in Iraq.
- Finally, In response to Washington’s killing of Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani.
- The organization had raised an international problem that other countries should tackle.
- “We can go home … and use NATO.”
- Eventually, “We have applied to ISIS and have done a great favour for Europe.”
Read Also: European leaders mock Trump at NATO summit
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)