January 20 .. Presidential Day in the United States of America
- Firstly, When you return to the date of January 20 to follow the most important events that took place in the world on this day.
- Secondly, What strikes you most is that the majority of the presidents of the United States of America assumed their presidential duties on that same date.
- Finally, Although the presidents who preceded them, most of them took office on April 4. However, a constitutional amendment in 1933 caused the change.
American presidential section official announcement
It is noteworthy that the American presidential section is considered as
- Firstly, An official announcement for the elected US President to take over the reins of government.
- So, Begins his presidential term, which is renewed every 4 years.
On January 20, the presidential division was chosen, as a result of a constitutional amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America in 1933. So, the presidential division changed from March 4 to January 20 after the presidential section continued on March 4 approximately 136 years.
The first President of the United States of America to read the oath was:
- Firstly, President George Washington on April 30, 1789.
- While the first president to recite the oath on January 20 was former US President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
The presidential section of the US Congress
According to the US Constitution:
The presidential section of the US Congress, or the Capitol of the United States. As well as, It will take place in the Senate, that is the House of Representatives of the United States of America.
The US Constitution states that:
- On the day of his inauguration, the president of the country will perform a 35-word section
- In addition, pledging to do everything in his ability to serve the country and protect its constitution.
This is the text of the section:
“I swear to be sincere in my job as President of the United States, and I will do everything I can to preserve, protect, and defend the United States constitution, may God help me.”
Here is a list of America’s presidents who took office on this day, January 20:
President Franklin D. Roosevelt re-installed as president for a fourth term.
As well as, the only president to hold office for three full terms and to enter a fourth term.
Dwight Eisenhower takes over the presidency of the United States.
John Kennedy takes over the presidency of the United States.
Richard Nixon takes over the presidency of the United States.
Jimmy Carter takes over the presidency of the United States.
George HW Bush takes over the presidency of the United States.
Bill Clinton takes over the presidency of the United States.
George W. Bush takes over the presidency of the United States.
Barack Obama takes over the presidency of the United States, becoming the first African American to hold this position.
Eventually, the end of the Presidency of Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden and the inauguration of Donald Trump and Mike Pence as President and Vice President of the United States, respectively.