NASA showed the world a video of the spectacular and terrifying event at the same time, how the massive black hole destroyed the star, according to the radio “Ohio”.
Read Also: UAE Space Agency Sign Historic Implementing Arrangement NASA to Cooperate in Human Space flight
A terrifying event
A global battle between a huge black hole and a star
According to the radio “Ohio”
The mass of the black hole is six times that of our Sun.
The hole is located in
- The constellation Flying Fish, about 375 million light-years from Earth.
TESS Catches its First Star-destroying black hole
Tidal disorder event
According to the newspaper “Science Alert”:
- What we see happened already 375 million years ago, but the light of what happened to us only now.
- It occurs every 10,000 years or 100,000 years and requires very special circumstances.
- So, This event is very rare known as a tidal disorder.
- Eventually, The star that was swallowed by the hole was roughly the size of our planet.
A Star Orbiting in the Extreme Gravity of a Black Hole Validates General Relativity
- The hole absorbs the star when it is very close, but if the star is far away, on the contrary, away from the hole and enter space.
- When the star is at an appropriate distance from the black hole.
- As well as, It attracted to the hole and rupture.
- So the hole absorbs part of the star and releases the torn parts into space.
Ohio astronomy professor Chris Kochanek said:
“Imagine you’re standing over a skyscraper in the city centre, trying to drop the marble from the top, into a hole in a hole, and that’s very difficult.”