In the United States, the number of people infected with the Coronavirus has risen to 14 cases after it was diagnosed that an American evacuated from Wuhan, China, has been quarantined near the city of San Diego, California.
In the United States: 14 cases infected with Coronavirus
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The patient is one of the 232 quarantined individuals inside the Marine Corps Miramar Air Force Base, after being airlifted from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus.
Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States said that:
- The two patients exposed to the infection separately while they were in China
- They arrived on two different planes and lived in separate residences.
Strategy to detect HIV infection
Dr Christopher Predn, the deputy director of the National Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases and Zoonotic Diseases in America.
There are no indications until this hour that the disease spread from person to person in the Hajar facility.
But the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Among them. it will conduct a direct investigation as part of its current response strategy to detect and contain any HIV infection.
Eight new cases of Coronavirus
- Doctors diagnosed eight new cases of Coronavirus in California alone.
- Which is more than half of the number infected in the United States.
But two patients in the United States are believed to have been infected after their partners return from a visit to China.
The highest statistic for deaths from coronavirus
- On Wednesday evening, China announced the highest statistic for deaths from coronavirus since its appearance last December.
- As 242 people died in less than a day in Hubei Province alone, in addition to a large number of infections.
Health authorities in Hubei
The central province in which the virus first appeared in its capital, Wuhan, said that:
- The death toll of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) on Wednesday reached 242.
- Which means that the number of deaths rose to 1,310 by the end of Wednesday.
Health authorities in Hubei said in a statement posted on its website Thursday, that:
14,840 new infections were recorded, raising the number of injured to more than 48,000 in Hubei Province alone, and more than 58,000 cases across China.