Sky surrounding suburbs of Houston by thick black smoke as a petrochemical storage facility was burnt by a massive fire for four days.
Residents of two cities in Texas were told to shelter because chemical vapors leaked from the foams blanket to extinguish industrial fire.
“We were held hostage in our own homes”
Residents of Deer Park face health risks as facility of Intercontinental Terminals Company’s containment wall had been broken before sending chemical waste into waterways that to Channel of Houston Ship.
ITC local & officials continued to assure residents of Deer Park that the city is safe.
“Our community-monitored programs generated no levels of immediate health concerns”
Some residents in areas like never trust these assurances.
“I have a garden in my backyard. I’m about to take it up, I’m not going to eat anything out of it anymore”
Williams felt ill after smoke had blown over roof of his home.
“I didn’t have anything to do with the pollen in the air”
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality found low levels of benzene in air besides ditch water.
“They say we can’t smoke cigarettes, it’s bad for your lungs, it’s bad for your health. So when you put heat on any type of chemicals it’s not good for you, we know it’s not”
Life insurance won’t cover bills of patients who’s lived more than 20 years suffering from benzene that costs $350 out of pocket.
“A lot of us can’t afford to go to the doctor. So we have to live with this”
Deer Park, Texas, residents face health worries after massive fire at petrochemical facility Read more Any violation of policy, community guidelines, copyright law or business cooperation please contact directly by mail us.hotnews20 at gmail.com