Winter is dangerous for most people suffering from vitamin D deficiency due to the scarcity of sun exposure, whether vitamin D2 or vitamin D3. It is best not to take this problem lightly.
Main points of the topic:
What are the forms of Vitamin D?
It should be noted above all, that there are two forms of Vitamin D very important for the body:
- Vitamin D2 (naturally manufactured by plants).
- Vitamin D3 (which is made by the body when exposing the skin to ultraviolet sunlight).
Our body converts Vitamin D2 and Vitamin D3 into the active form of Vitamin D.
Vitamin D Benefits
This vitamin is absolutely essential for our well-being and for staying healthy:
- First of all, it contributes to the proper functioning of our nervous system and defence system against disease-causing organisms such as bacteria and viruses.
- In addition, Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption, which is essential for dental health and bone stiffness.
- as vitamin D also contributes to the good functioning of our muscular system.
Unfortunately, many people (an average of 7 out of 10) suffer from vitamin D deficiency, especially at this time of the year, during winter. This is not surprising.
Vitamin D Foods
What about the role of diet?
Diet is also an important source of vitamin D.
The risk of Vitamin D deficiency remains high in the winter
What can we do in such a situation to treat the deficiency?
Do you suffer from a deficiency of vitamin D? Do the examination!
You are not exposed enough to sunlight, and your diet is not rich in Vitamin D. So you think you have a deficiency of Vitamin D: well to get an idea of the situation, do a test.
Vitamin D supplement
A small pill to take your full sun
Have the results confirmed your fears that you have a vitamin D deficiency?
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He will prescribe you to take a dietary supplement once a day: your daily dose of sun in a small pill.