If you could visit only one national park in the US, Yellowstone National Park, located in Wyoming and parts of Montana and Idaho.
- As the first established national park in the world.
- Yellowstone contains spectacular mountains and canyons.
- the Yellowstone and Snake Rivers, living and petrified forests, and is teeming with wildlife.
Old Faithful Erupt Natural Attraction in the US
Roughly every 90 minutes this spectacular geyser in the Yellowstone national park spouts a plume of boiling water 40 meters into the air.
- In Victorian times people used to put their washing into it
- discovering that cotton shirts survived the high-pressure wash
- but woolens torn to shreds
It is one of the most predictable geysers in the world, and yet relatively little known about its underground plumbing.
Basically erupting hot springs
Yellowstone is also the home of the world’s largest collection of geysers of which Old Faithful is the most famous.
Erupting every 60 to 110 minutes for a duration of 1.5 to 5 minutes,
Old Faithful named by the explorers of the 1870 Washburn Expedition into Yellowstone who impressed with the geyser’s eruption consistency.
Though Old Faithful is not the largest geyser in the park
- It does erupt at the most regular intervals
- Making it a favorite for tourists who want to witness this hydro-thermal wonder.