Sometimes like a match strikes a spark we constantly strike and find a cure to make us happy we keep using the same formula over and over again until that equation finally stops working and we get back to square one.
When we can find a way to make someone smile, laugh or jump from joy we do find no pain in our efforts because that’s how we are designed. We find utmost pleasure when we gift ourselves but laughter is contagious and for those who are stressed and cannot find happiness even in the smallest things I think you should do these things to rediscover how happiness is an unexplainable feeling that chooses to rest our tired soul from the weird and endless complications we are faced with.
- Foster a dog or any animal – it mayb hard for those who have never taken care of a pet and often say it’s hard cause I have no time. But when you are forced to make time for them it becomes tough to say no to those fur babies. They lighten up your day and your neighbours too
- Get something nice for coffee break- Many of us can afford delectable snacks but that is beside the point. Sharing is caring – even if that mayb fruit slices, biscuits, homemade snacks, or chocolate. Bring a little extra and share it around and encourage others to do the same if possible.
- Watch children playing – There’s a sheer joy in watching children play. They aren’t just sweet they are innocent and like a sponge ready to absorb the world. They intermingle quiet easily without much regards to a lot of things like status, reputation or “what will they think of me”
- Go to orphanage home and volunteer for a day every weekend or at least once every two weeks (not for the faint hearted )
- Give a gift to a stranger – it doesn’t have to be an expensive one. Simple smiley face plushies or a water bottle with a nice message on top helps too.
- Make a baby laugh ( good challenge for amateurs)
- Don’t donate – invest ( in a person or a institute that allows u to contribute ur services – you can sponsor an orphan or take care of a wild animal and the Center takes photos or allows you to interact with them too)
- Post it notes – if you have simple quotes like “” or “” place them on the coffee machine or on the food cabinet in your office.
- Toffee basket – have a toffee basket on ur office desk or hung outside ur door so if people pass by they can pick one or few up ( essentially you can start it for Christmas and or Halloween and see how comfortable u are )
- Thank the chef – Celebrity chefs walk around their restaurant and are quite often recognised for their contribution. But the chef who made you that awesome Kung Pao chicken has to go back to the shared apartment and maybe he or she deserves a smile too. Apart from tipping the Waiter pass a post it note thanking the chef (this works in small – tiny sized restaurants; not like McDonald’s and all)